Villa Gamberaia, Florence
Villa Gamberaia is a gorgeous villa located just outside Florence that definitely makes it onto my list of favorite Italian wedding locations.
My experience at Villa Gamberaia weddings
I have photographed numerous weddings at Villa Gamberaia. From smaller intimate weddings to significant multiple day events.
I have experience with welcome dinners, weddings, and parties at the villa. I have also done weddings where the ceremony is in Florence, followed by the reception back at Villa Gamberaia.
The villa itself can either be rented for the day, or you can take the actual property and stay there.
Should you choose to only have your wedding at the villa, then you will need to get ready somewhere else. There are excellent hotels nearby, including Il Salviatino, Villa San Michele, and the Four Seasons Florence.
If you rent the villa exclusively, you can stay there and live at Villa Gamberaia for a few days of complete bliss.
What’s So Special About Villa Gamberaia?
Italy really does have a lot of incredible places for your wedding, and the villa for me is one of the best options for people looking for a unique wedding in Florence.
- The villa is very private, and you can stay in an exclusive location but easily access the city of Florence and all it has to offer.
- The gardens, architecture, and views all come together to create a unique atmosphere. It is hard to describe, but you can’t help but feel privileged when you are at the villa. It is also an incredibly relaxing location as it is outside the hustle and bustle of Florence.
- The Italian gardens are world-famous, and people visit them all year.
- The sunsets over Florence and the views and light at that time of day are lovely for your photos.
- In my opinion, a wedding at Villa Gamberaia will leave your guests talking about it for a long time. It definitely has a wow factor.
When To Have A Wedding At Villa Gamberaia
Considering the fantastic gardens and beautiful views, you will likely want to make use of the outside spaces at the villa so the best months would be May to September.
The main lawn, the “bowling green,” is an ideal place for an outdoor dinner, and it also has sufficient space for a marquee/tent should you need one.
Where To Get Married At Villa Gamberaia
The grotto at the back of the villa is a lovely space, truly an original location for an outdoor wedding in Italy.
Most people like to have the cocktails at the front of the villa so they can enjoy the impressive view of Florence, and then they move to the lawn area for their dinner reception.
Of course, there is nothing to say that you can’t do the opposite, you can be creative and use the spaces as you please.
It would help if you also considered what to do in the event of rain. Many people like to also use the internal courtyard for their after party.
How can I book the villa?
Get in touch with us and we can check the availability and pricing for you.
Explore Villa Gamberaia Weddings
Other Italian Wedding Destinations
Discover the most popular Italian wedding locations. Each destination offers a unique experience and our galleries will help you research and find the perfect spot for your dream wedding.
Countless publications in both print and online are testament to the fact that the editorial style will always be fashionable.